Sunday, November 17, 2013

Chubby, Curves, Beautiful--->>> Positive Reinforcement

We see too much of this----> "Plus-size polemic: Is Melissa McCarthy's Elle cover shameful?" and this "Abercrombie & Fitch Will Sell Larger Sizes After Plus-Size Controversy" and "Target Faces Backlash for ‘Manatee’ Plus-Size Color." 
Real women and men have curves! We should have more ------>>>> "I'm not ashamed of what I am and that I have curves and that I'm thick. I like my body." Alicia Keys and "I don't get this whole super-skinny obsession. I really think women look more beautiful when they let their curves show."
Vanessa Marcil  Some women wished they had curves like, "I want to be a big, fleshy voluptuous woman with curves. I want a big bum, but I don't have one."  Cameron Diaz 
"Each socially-approved form of woman must be pitted against each other relentlessly until one walks proudly out with the unparalleled pleasure of being the Most Attractive (to whom?) weighing on her pleasantly-toned-but-not-masculine shoulders." On The ‘Real’ Women Movement And The Fear Of Fakery
So women and men with curves when YOU feel like dropping a few pounds, hold your head up as you labor around that track.  Those runners passing you think you rock! I saw this posted by Our Time.org It's worth re-blogging. 


"I would love it if people could look at chubby folks with all of our curves, bumps and ridges and just say 'She's beautiful' just like that. You don't have to get on a treadmill as long as your blood pressure is under control and you eat healthy, God bless." Yvette Nicole Brown 

No comments:

Post a Comment